Archive for the ‘SAP BO Dashboards’ Category
SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio
SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio represents BEx Web & BEx Web Application Designer successor. Design Stuido allows for intuitive design of centrally governable analytic content ranging from guided analytics to sophisticated OLAP applications and aggregated dashboards.
The product features iPad support, an HTML5 User Interface, differents themes available for application and a WYSIWYG Eclipse-based designer, full & native support of BW BEx queries, direct connectivity to HANA as well as an advanced scripting engine.
Available features in detail:
- Intuitive WYSIWYG design environment for designers
- Large set of design components (buttons, tabs, dropdown menus etc.)
- Enterprise Ready Life Cycle Management
- Central Supportability
- Theming & Customizing iPad Support built-in Apps are ready for immediate usage on standard
web browsers and mobile devices (HTML5 )
Direct & native support for HANA & BW
- Operates directly on BEx Queries, InfoCubes and Hana views
- Support for BW & HANA specific engine- & platform services.
Initial View Editor for SAP HANA and SAP BW DataSource
Useful and intuitive editing of HANA views and BW InfoProviders within Design Studio:
- Via drag and drop
- Add additional filters
- Change display to key or text
- Sorting, defining scaling facors and calculating totals for measures
- Pause refresh while editing initial view
- Reset changed view to the initial status
- Create crosstab and chart directly from initial views
- Configure options for chart
- Activate hierarchy display
Pre-delivered templates to enable rapid implementation
- Template for applications running on desktop
- Templates for applications running on iPad
Integration into SAP BI Mobile Solutions
Convinient and unified user access for large mobile community:
- Download and access Design Studio applications via SAP BI Mobile Solutions (native iOS application)
- Leverage the collaboration functionality (e.g annotation, SAP StreamWork etc)
- Unified usability through SAP BI Mobile Solutions
- Enable large mobile community
Finally has arrived: BusinessObjects Mobile BI 4.4
wich allows to access to Dashboards on Mobile device and so on IPad and Android Tablet and phones.
Dashboard for SAP BI Mobile supported features:
- through Query Panel
- on Universes
- on Query Bex (SAP BW)
- on Hana Universes
- Images component
- Combo box
- Label based Menu
- Radio button
- List View
- Progress Bar
- Toggle button
- Push button
- Column Chart
- Bar Chart
- Pie Chart
- Line Chart
- Combination Chart
- Stacked Bar Chart
- Stacked Column Chart
- Tab Set
- Canvass Container
- Component Groups
Please Note that at the moment Prompt component is not available.
You will find not compatible components and features on the Compatibility Panel.
Keep following the blog for further details and update!
Sap Dashboards for ipad
Sap BO Dashboards 4 new features
Error: Microsoft Office XP and later applicatations: Excel, Word, Outlook or PowerPoint must be pre-installed.
BO XI 3.1 SP 4
Xcelsius 2008 SP 4
Live Office XI 3.1 SP 4
If you need to install Live Office on a pc with Office 2010 already installed you will get the following warning:
In can bypass this error with a
a workaround wich aims to avoid that MS installer checks if Office is installed.
In order to do so you need an MSI editor, we suggest
So follow these steps:
Create a copy of Lifeoffice.msi file located in the Package folder.
Open with InstEd the Lifeoffice.msi file and select the “Tables” tab and click on LaunchCondition;
Then delete the row which refers to Office ( “EXCELl10 OR OUTLOOK10″)
and save the file.
Then run this modified Lifeoffice.msi,
previous error will not appear any more and you will accomplish your installation!
Please note that this Workaround can be used with Xcelsius.msi file when installing Xcelsius 2008 SP 3 with Office 2010.
How to add a link in a dashboard in order to open a document in SAP BI 4 platform
First of all I wish you all HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Let see how to insert a link to a document that has been already published on SAP Business Objects 4 platform.
Go to Web Connectivity menu in SAP Dashboards
as shown in the following image
and drag an drop it
in the chosen position on the canvass
Then select button Property tab
assign a name to button label
and then insert the appropriate URL
in the following format
In this way, after publishing the dashboard on BILaunchpad when you will click on the Open Workspace url Button
the related document will be opened:
Improving SAP BO Dashboard performances Decalogue
1. Avoid Excel formulas if is possible so Try to reduce using formulas as much you can
2. Un-nest Excel formula if you can
3. Avoid linking cells
4. Avoid array Excel functions like sumif, sumproduct
5. Limit dashboards components number
6. Reduce or avoid container components
7. Try to make a simple dashboard model in order to make also simple and easy it’s maintenance and it’s evolution
8. Prefer QaaWS to LiveOffice when connecting to many universes otherwise it’s better using Webi Reports because you can load heavy data by scheduling Webi reports, besides in Webi it’s easier to do calculations and values formatting .
9. Inorder to improve dashboard performances schedule Webi reports, better if not at the same time.
Let’s see how create a simple Sales Dashboard which has as main component the
which allows to have a multiple level hierarchical filtering.
This means that you can first select the top level hierarchy dimension in our case the ‘Country’ and then you can choose one of the ‘Products’ sold in the selected country:
The columns chart shows the sales for that kind of bike in the months of the year.
In the following image you will see how data changed when you select an other kind of product
Below you can see how create the Excel file in order to create this dashboard.
In the yellow are will be drilled the months sale data after selecting the two hierarchical dimensions.
Under this line there are different tables for each Country that can be selected which contains sales data per product for each months.
Below is detailed how to set the Accordion Menu
You can find the related files on SAP COMMUNITY NETWORK,
in the following link another example with related files:
USING THE ACCORDION MENU
For more Dashboards templates and example:
Xcelsius Dashboard template files
XCELSIUS SALES DASHBOARD TEMPLATE
In order to learn how to create a Transportation dashboard
you can study this dashboard example.
Here you can choose between ‘Company Total’ page and ‘Top 5 What if analysis’ pages.
Let’s see the first page ‘Company Total’:
On the right you can select six labels which corresponds to different analysis:
Same week 2005.
All the tabs acts have the same functions.
Besides selecting one of the Top ten customer
you will see the drill of related data in the bottom bar charts for each analysis type,
follows the image about selecting the 7th customer:
The second page is about ‘Top 5 What if analysis’
On the left panel,
you can see the What if analysis that is you will see all the values and gauges changing on moving the indicator on the upper graduated bar.
Follows the Excel sheet images that provide data to the dashboard:
TOP 200 sheet (Company Total data provider):
TOP 10 lookup sheet
Account detail sheet
In order to download this dashboard template ( XLF, swf and .xls) you can open the following link:
SAP COMMUNITY NETWORK
Others Dashboards template
XCELSIUS SALES DASHBOARD TEMPLATE
World Sales Dashboard template
For general information see also:
Sap BO Dashboards 4.0 – Xcelsius 2008